Generate access token using client credential authentication as described in Getting Started.
Follow these steps to subscribe to DATA_UPDATES:
- Subscribe to the DATA_UPDATES event using the Subscribe Event service.
- Provide the callback URL where you need to post notifications.
NOTE: This is a one-time activity unless and until there is a change to the URL.
Yodlee will post the notifications to the callback URL provided during the event subscription. The default notification interval is 15 minutes. For more information about the event payload, refer to Event Payload Information.
Retry Logic and Fallback Option
If the notification is not successfully delivered, Yodlee will retry to send the notification in intervals of 10, 20, 40, 80, 160, 320, 640, and 1280 minutes. In case of unexpected situations of Yodlee servers downtime, we will send the notifications with the complete data updates for the entire server downtime. If for any reason your servers are not accessible, we recommend you to unsubscribe to webhooks. Once the servers are up, you can subscribe to webhooks. After subscription, Yodlee will send relevant data updates notifications that occurred in the last 6 hours. If your servers are down for more than 24 hours, we recommend you to use the DATA_UPDATES Event Polling approach as a fallback option.
Payload varies depending on the number of users for whom data is being modified during the notification interval. Increasing the notification interval increases the payload sent by Yodlee servers. Ensure that your servers can handle the payload.
DATA_UPDATES Event Notification API Flow
- The data extracts notification will be sent only if there are updates to users' data.
- The notification with details of users' whose data have been updated will be sent in 15 minutes intervals.
- The notification for an interval will have a maximum of 2000 user’s data. For example, if 5000 users’ data got updated in the last 15 minutes interval, three notifications will be sent with 2000, 2000, and 1000 users’ details respectively.
- Once the notification is received, customers are expected to invoke Get User Data service using the information provided in the notification.
- The content-type of the notification will be application/json